Mineral raw materials for engineering works
Mineral raw materials for engineering works are usually clayey-sandy and clayey rocks, but also others - sandstones and limestones. These raw materials are utilized in road industry for road embankements building or in waste disposal packing and reclamation.
Usually (about 70 %) resources of mineral raw materials for engineering works are documented as accompanying raw material - these are the parts of deposits which do not meet the balancing criterias of the main raw material, i.e. parts of sand and gravel deposits with too high ash content or parts of dimension and crushed stones deposits with too low strenght.
The table given below shows the current state of identification and management of mineral raw materials for engineering works resources in Poland.
Production of mineral raw materials for engineering works amounted to 162 thousand m3 in 2010 (more than 330 % of the 2009 volume).
- B - for solid minerals - mine in building process, for fuels - prepared for exploitation or trial period of the exploitation
- E - exploited
- G - underground natural gas storage facilities
- M - deposit crossed out of the annual report of mineral resources during analized period
- P - deposit covered by preliminary exploration (in C2+D category, for fuels – in C category)
- R - deposit covered by detailed exploration (in A+B+C1 category, for fuels – in A+B category)
- Z - abandoned deposit
- T - deposit exploited temporarily
- K - change of the raw material in deposit
Prepared by: Wojciech Szczygielski